- Destiny ~ Elizabeth Hayden
- Stardust ~ Neil Gaiman
- The Lighthouse ~ P.D. James
- Wicked ~ Gregory Maguire
- Son of a Witch ~ Gregory Maguire
- The Forgotten Desert Mothers ~ Laura Swan
- Encountering the Mystery ~ Patriarch BARTHOLOMEW
- Knitting Rules ~ Stephanie Pearl Macphee
- Casts Off ~ Stephanie Pearl Macphee
- Life of Pi ~ Yann Martel
- and two Mary Jo Putney romance novels
I finally finished the Rhapsody series. I liked the PD James and Stardust
was very enjoyable. I am looking forward to reading more Neil Gaiman. He must be pretty popular because I rarely find him in the library.
I liked Wicked
better than Son of a Witch
. I was much more intrigued by the character Elphaba than I thought I would be.
I really really enjoyed The Forgotten Desert Mothers
by Laura Swan. So much so I have it on order from our book store. I liked Encountering the Mystery
by His Eminence Patriarch BARTHOLOMEW but I fell in love with His Excellency Metropolitan Kallistos Ware. He wrote the introduction to Encountering the Mystery
and it was better (in my opinion) than the book itself. I am going to reread The Orthodox Church
which I read over 11 years ago.
I enjoyed both YarnHarlot books (Stephanie Pearl-MacPhee) very much. She was such a fun read and very Canadian. I love her use of parentheses. She seems to love them as much as I do.
I am planning on reading Life of Pi to Simon I enjoyed it so much.
I enjoyed the schmoopy romances. Sometimes I just need a little schmoop to get me through life.